Group at a Glance
Adjusted profit before taxation
Return on sales
Interim dividend declared
|Adjusted Profit before Taxation1||£60.8m||£57.5m||+6%|
|Statutory Profit before Taxation||£62.2m||£51.3m||+21%|
|Adjusted Earnings per Share2||12.34p||11.75p||+5%|
|Statutory Earnings per Share||13.14p||10.52p||+25%|
|Interim Dividend per Share3||4.06p||3.79p||+7%|
|Return on Sales4||20.4%||20.5%|
|Return on Total Invested Capital5||16.4%||16.9%|
|Return on Capital Employed5||71.6%||68.8%|
- Adjusted to remove the amortisation of acquired intangible assets, acquisition transaction costs, movement on contingent consideration and profit on disposal of operations of £1.4m credit (2011/12: £6.2m charge). See note 2 for details.
- Adjusted to remove the amortisation of acquired intangible assets, acquisition transaction costs, movement on contingent consideration, profit on disposal of operations and the associated tax. See note 6 for details.
- Interim dividend declared per share.
- Return on Sales is defined as adjusted1 profit before taxation from continuing operations expressed as a percentage of revenue from continuing operations.
- Organic growth rates, Return on Total Invested Capital and Return on Capital Employed are non-GAAP performance measures used by management in measuring the returns achieved from the Group’s asset base. See note 9 for details.